Thursday, March 4, 2010

And You Called Yourself A Friend...

Salam and Peace to All...

It's just confusing how people admit that they are our friend
But they don't understand us at all
I thought friends are suppose to be...
Understanding, Caring, Considerate
But most of them appear to be opposite

When you admit that you are my friend
Especially when you said you are a good friend of mine
I expect you to understand me in and out
Without any need of me to word it out to you

When I'm in silence,
Know that I need my time alone
When I told you I'm down, 
Know that I need you to be there for me

I thought good friends are suppose to know all that
After all, that's the difference between you and the others
But you just appear to be the same

And I thought a friend accept you for who you are
Regardless of your strength and weakness
You're supposed to be free
To be yourself, just yourself...

But with you
There's always something about me to be changed
I'm not PERFECT and that's a FACT
How about accepting me for who I am?
Or just go and find yourself someone to be your ideal good friend

But when it's you we're talking about
I have to be understanding
I have to care
I have to be more considerate
Seems like you think that you're the only person in this world
That has a HEART

Enough already...
I'm tired of that
So don't expect me to be all nice to you
As I'm walking forward and leaving you behind
There's no place for friends with benefits
Call me selfish... I'm okay with that.

===============================================

The friend is a person who knows all about you,
And still likes you

- Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook, 1927 -

===============================================

No comments: